Here at O’Grady Carpet and Floor Cleaning we use a low moisture cleaning method known as Encapsulation. There are several reasons why we feel that our method is superior to the traditional Steam Cleaning method most are used to.
- Our method dries faster – an hour or less
- Stains are less likely to return
- Wicking is less likely to occur (wicking is the return of stains or dinge from excessive water use)
- No hoses running through your home
- No excessive water is being used (average Steam Cleaner uses 50-80 gallons of YOUR water. We use about half a gallon.)
- Less wear and tear on your carpets
- Carpets repel dirt and stains for up to 6 months
- No pricey truck mount equipment and hoses means less upkeep and lower costs to you from us!
When we come to your home we will vacuum your carpets and then spray your carpets lightly with our cleaner diluted in warm water. After it sets and works it’s magic for about 5 minutes we will use our machine either with a brush or pad on your carpets. What happens is our machine agitates the dirt from the bottom up and off your carpets. Also encap cleaner is designed to form a fine powdery crystal sucking in additional dirt the machine didn’t pick up. This means that when you vacuum your carpets next it will continue to look better and clean itself as it repel dirt and stains.
With our method stains are less likely to reappear, but as any carpet cleaner will state, we cannot guarantee the removal of all stains. The nature of some stains is that they simply dye the fibers and no cleaner can remove them. If you have a remnant of your carpet there are trained professionals who can cut out the stained area and put clean carpet down in it’s place.